Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Ok, how do we do this....

Allright, its now been almost a month since I took over as City Editor, and the reason I start this post on this note, is because during the last one month or so this is by far the most significant thing that has happened. The assignment has its challenges, some I have overcome, some I am working on, some are unresolvable, and those will simply have to be dealt with in the manner best suited to such trouble makers. As I have been told, "go for the jugular".
So, thats exactly what I aimto do, and already have to a degree. The staff is a bit lackadaisical, discipline is a bit lax, but there is no insubbordination. Its a lot of fun because of the fact that there is so much interaction with people from all walks of lif, but then that has been the biggest kick in this profession from day one. The rush is the same. I wonder jow many people can say that 13 years into their profession they enjoty it as much as they did on day one. I am sure there are a lot, but its a small majority.
Life has become must faster, my days busier, and there is hardly any time for just silly stuff. But there will be, nothing remains the same, so thiss too will change. There will already be a big shift in schedules in Ramadan, because I will be fasting. Still about 6 weeks to go. It will effect my workouts as well. I have not worked out in 2 days, but hope to resume tonight, and then in the next 6 weeks hope to put in a solid 5 weeks of training so that Ramadan won't have too much of a detrimental effect when I take a break, which is inevitable.
Still recovering, feeling some effects of the last two days, but today is much better.
Has been a long time since I have posted any words of wisdom here though, for some reason I don't feel very wise at all. Maybe tomorrow :)